- Leader: Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist Essdras M Suarez
- Assistant – Cuban Photography Instructor Joel Hernández Marín
- Access to artisans and free enterprise
- Meet with photographers and artists in Havana to discuss their work and the important role art plays in the lives of Cubans
- Learn to improve the artistic and technical aspects of your photography
- Experience the new spirit of free enterprise in paladers in a casa particulars
- Participants: Min. 8 – Max. 12
- Tour Locations: Havana and Trinidad de Cuba
- Dates: TBA, 2021
- Double Occupancy: TBA
- Single Supplement: TBA
- Registration: TBA, 2021
- Final Payment: TBA, 2021
Join Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist Essdras M Suarez, Travel/Cultural Photographer M-J L. Adelman and Cuban Photography Teacher Joel Hernández Marín for an inspiring photographic journey into the heart of Cuba while learning to improve the artistic and technical aspects of your photography.
- Capture the architecture and daily life on the streets and in the historic squares in Old Havana. And, of course, photograph the ubiquitous and beautifully restored classic American cars, which are tenderly dubbed by Cubans as “almendrones” because of their big sensuous curves.
- Meet and interact with Cuban artists in their studios and enjoy performances by both traditional and Afro-Cuban dancers
- Visit Fusterlandia – the home of painter, sculptor José Rodriguez Fuster – and delight at how he has decorated his neighborhood into what is described a fairyland of Gaudiesque mosaic art sprinkled with elements of Picasso and Jean Debuffet.
- Stroll Callejón de Hamel where you will marvel at the environment created by painter, muralist and sculptor Salvador Gonzales Escalona.
- Shoot side by side with Cuban photographers and share photographic thoughts and perspectives
- Return briefly to the 1800s in the most delightful, warm and congenial city of Trinidad de Cuba
- Experience the new spirit of free enterprise as we patronize family- owned restaurants and lodge in casas particulars (privately owned accommodations).
And as always, we will keep our eyes open for photographic opportunities as we get to know Cubans through the lens — one-on-one!
- 7 nights of accommodations
- Customary gratuities throughout the program
- Included 17 meals
- On your own: 1 Lunch and 2 Dinners
- Ground Transportation
- Lodging in hotels and Casa Particulars (Privately Owned Accommodations)
Note: Full itinerary and details available upon booking.
“This was one of the best travel experiences I’ve ever had. Our leader Essdras was outstanding and was able to provide an insight into the Cuban culture that was unique and fascinating. If you take this trip, expect to be shoved out of your comfort zone, in a very good way. As I said on the previous page, easily the best group leader I’ve ever traveled with, including those from National Geographic and Smithsonian. In addition, a wonderful photography teacher.” … Ann